Strip Tension Measuring Systems for Metal
Production and Metal Working
Precision is a top priority in the production and processing of metals. Our measuring technology greatly contributes to making industrial processes future-proof in order to be able to manufacture products of the highest quality. For this purpose, we offer, among other things, strip tension measuring systems, rolling force measuring systems as well as weighing systems and pressure transducers.
Dr. Brandt strip tension measuring transducers have been successfully used for decades in many plants in the metalworking industry, from hot-rolled strip to recoiling lines. They offer extraordinary performance under the most difficult environmental and operating conditions, thus ensuring reliable operation of the system with consistently high product quality. Our transducers are characterized by long service life and low maintenance expenditure and costs.
Our weighing systems are used, for example, for ladle turrets, billet weighing, coil weighing and scrap trolleys. The ladle weighing in foundries is also one of the processes we provide with reliable measuring technology.
Moreover, by manufacturing innovative measuring systems for industrial applications we have specialized in the development and production of tailor-made solutions for complex plants and systems. These systems, which are individually adapted to the respective plant and its field of application, may not only be implemented in newly constructed processes but also lend themselves to replacing third-party products in existing plants.
In addition, our product range offers a large number of standardized components, such as standardized strip tension transducers or load cells capable of being attached to all common roller bearing variants via adapter plates.
Strip Tension Measuring Systems
Product Features and Advantages:
- Ultra high stability
- high contraction stiffness of the sensor body for smoothest operation e.g. under shapemeter-rolls
- 8-times overload capacity (of nom. load); optional up to 20-times
- with 1, 2 or 3 measuring-axle positions
- available for installation under the pillow-block (standard) or with integrated bearing housings to host standard or customer-specific bearings
- available for all standard bearings manufacturer/standard pillow-blocks
- output signals with double shielded cable: analog, ProfiBus/ProfiNet
- perfectly sealed measuring zones (plastics or laser welded): IP 65; IP 67 or higher on request
- body made of high-strength-alloy steel, stainless steel or aluminium (optional: nickel-coated – depending on application field)
- temperature compensation -20 °C …+ 80 °C / 100 °C (higher values on request)
- 0.5% or 0.1% combined full-scale error (of nom.load)
- ATEX – certified available
- customer specific design on request at minimum extra costs
Strip Tension Measuring Systems in furnaces
Strip tension measuring for the furnace of a continuous running line e.g. CAL or CGL or similar application.
The system consists of a pair of casted more-component aluminium alloy frame. In this frame construction two(2) or more special designed load cells are mounted in such a way that roll-axle shifting will not make any distortion to the measuring results. Horizontal or vertical measuring load cells can be integrated into the same frame type.
Product Features and Advantages:
- Elimination of the influence of shifting motions caused by roll-axle elongation or contraction during heating or cooling phases of the furnace. Result: highest stability of ZERO and SPAN over the entire temperature range of the furnace
- Very high measuring accuracy and fast response time to load changes
- Insensitive to electromagnetic effects, particular to high frequency effects
- Simple and secure handling in case of roll change
- Frames will be delivered to site fully equipped, calibrated and ready for mounting
- Horizontal and vertical measuring axis can be applied
- 20 years positive experience with more than 500 furnace tensiometers installed worldwide